How to improve the value of your home? This is the question many people ask when they will sell their home. If you want to sell your home, home investing tips can easily improve home value. Some of the tips are very basic as giving importance to attention to details and maintaining the structure can easily improve the value of the house.
- Interior Design
Home interior design is a vast topic to discuss and learn. The interior design for a house can be applied to the living room, bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and all other spaces. Making interiors is the most expensive but also gets the most return on your investments. A professional interior artist can do a great job. Here are some tips when doing your interior design:
- Invest time in some inspiration. Go for the curb appeal. Rotate the interiors around your inspiration theme. A themed house increases the value of the house more than 10 times.
- Furniture is essential for a fully furnished home or a studio apartment that you plan to sell. Invest in good quality furniture.
- Add wallpaper themes for your home.
- Add quality photos for the walls.
- Blend your floor and ceiling into your interiors.
- Install larger windows. Large windows are an attractive piece for getting more home value. Add beautiful curtains.
- If you have a small space, then go for small furniture space.
- A complete remodel.
2. Upgrade the Kitchen
The kitchen is as important as the bathroom. Enhance kitchen features and design to get a great return on investment. Here are some of the things you can do in your kitchen:
- A complete kitchen remodel to make it look modern or antique.
- Transform the kitchen with beautiful appliances such as a chimney and a traditional oven.
- Paint the kitchen with fresh and neutral colours.
- Invest in good flooring for the kitchen.
- More storage space for the kitchen yet simple.
- Make it all stainless steel.
- Add an extra feature to the kitchen.
- Increase the space for the kitchen with dining options.
3. Make House Energy efficient
Saving on bills is a blessing in disguise. Who doesn’t want to save on utility bills? A potential buyer prefers his home to consume less energy and in today’s “energy efficient” world “the home should be“ Go-Green. ”How to make the home energy efficient? below will easily gear you up towards it:
- Add a central heating system.
- Add solar panels for small electrical and electronic equipment.
- Make a garden on the terrace and around the house for natural cooling.
- Install rain harvesting systems.
- Check for electrical leaks and insulate the house.
4. Upgrade the Bathroom
The bathroom is an important aspect of home improvement and a real winner for sellers. Just adding a new bathroom to the house can increase the value of the house by up to 15% more. Upgrading an existing bathroom can increase the value of your home by up to 10% or more. Upgrading an existing bathroom can be one of the following:
- Complete bathroom renovation.
- Changing the look, style and color.
- Fixing structural and leakage problems.
- Adding new features such as an extra basin, heated floor, bath, shower or shower chairs.
- Increasing the space of your bathroom.
5. Bring a Professional Home Inspector
Before you plan to sell your home, bring in a professional home inspector to inspect the home for any repairs or issues. It is better to have your home inspected from a professional than have your home buyers inspected. A professional home inspection can show us the details of your home that need repairs. They will be able to access and provide details about your roof, waterfall, wiring, plumbing and windows. They can also show details on other unnoticed fixes and improvements.
6. Invest in attractive flooring
Attractive hardwood flooring is the new way of replacing your carpets that will increase the value of the home. Hardwood floors are durable as they are made from the factory using thin varnish of real quality wood. They also cost less. If you are planning to sell your home, invest in hardwood flooring to raise the repurchase cost. Essential home improvement is preferred by almost the majority of mid-range and expensive buyers. It also leads to faster sales. It is also recommended to go for hardwood flooring instead of laminate flooring because the quality is more for hardwood and durable.
7. Invest in Good Lighting
A combination of good lighting and photos will go a long way when you sell a home. A good lighting is very important day and night. Let the sun shine. Many do not like a dark house. A wide window with beautiful curtains to let in sunlight is a very important factor before selling the house. Similarly, the house should provide a good amount of quality lighting at night. Beautiful lighting such as pendant lights, antique lights, false-ceiling lights, contemporary hanging lights or an ethnic lamp can add charm to the home. Think creatively simple but setting up your lighting system.
8. Paint the House
The first thing people do when they want to sell their house is to paint it. Painting indoors and exterior is always a potential contributor to improving the value of the home. This is not as much as one might think compared to the return on investment you will get. Regular painting is very important to keep the wall fields weather proof, insect proof and damage -free. The best part of painting is the beauty it adds to the home.
Some tips for painting and to save money:
- Use neutral colors.
- Look for paint sales before buying.
- Paint the house itself.
- Use an amazing single color for the whole house.
9. Keep the House Clean
The first impression is the best impression. A dirty place will never be sold. A clean house gives a positive impression to the buyer. Go into detail when cleaning the house. It is preferable to perform a deep clean if your home is older than 10 years. Home cleaning is one of the cheapest ways to increase the value of the home. Regular cleaning is important in the long run. A clean home can easily get above 5% return on investment. Window sills, floor edges, shelves, mats, tile floors, bathroom chairs, kitchen sinks and hanging lights – everything in the house should be clean and dust -free.
10. Keep the Home Simple (Declutter)
Different people have different tastes to establish their homes. But, most people would love to find a clean and spacious house if they want to buy. Removing unnecessary items from your home will yield better resale value. The best practice is to keep as few items as possible so that the buyer can easily see the space available to them. It also makes the house look bigger and more spacious. Buyers will choose the home that looks bigger which is why they are here. They want to buy an upgraded space in the house. This tip is one of the cheapest to perform and will involve the least maintenance cost.